Do you have a Stigmatised or Embarrassing Cancer?

• 25 replies
  • 24 subscribers

and How does it make you feel?

I've just been reading an article that says that stigmatised (eg lung and liver) cancers and embarrassing cancers, (basically in any area of the body that people find difficult to talk about,  cervical and anal cancer are two examples) don't receive anything like the funding that the more popular ones receive.  Even though the popular ones have very good survival rate percentages. Lack of awareness is shocking as well 

It doesn't make sense as often times its the embarrassing/stigmatised ones that are usually the most deadly.

I myself have lung cancer and have already noticed a different attitude towards me  from friends, compared to when mutual friends have had, for instance,  breast cancer.

I dont smoke, except briefly in my early twenties. I have always looked after myself and until recently regularly ran half marathons

I wonder whether anyone will be baking cakes for me?

Doubt it somehow.

I know I sound bitter and would never voice these thoughts in public, but thought this was a safe space to do so.

And I wonder what others thoughts are on this.

I personally think that people, no matter which cancer they have, are all entitled to kindness, compassion and above all  - non judgement.