Scalp pain

• 3 replies
  • 17 subscribers

HELP, I'm on day seven of first cycle for breast cancer and it feels like ants are crawling over my scalp, it is very unpleasant. Is that the start of hair loss? I can't find much about pre-hairloss pain or sensitivity. Thanks

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Your side effect sounds very unpleasant and I hope it'll stop soon. As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the breast cancer group as you'll then connect directly with others who may have had the same treatment as you and therefore experienced these side effects. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Cleo Cat, 

When loosing my hair my scalp was super sensitive, dry and I suffered acne on it as well. I bought Jennifer Young scalp cleanser which has helped massively. The range is specifically designed for people going through cancer treatment and it is supported by cancer research UK

Jen 

• Thanks a lot for the information and tip about the cleanser, that's really helpful and reassuring.