My mum is terminally ill

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

After a 3 month chemotherapy battle, we learnt that the cancer is aggressive and the chemo has not been affective.

My mum who is a very strong willed person was not phased in the slightest by her diagnosis of a few months to live... She looks well, going out walking, meals... Which is fantastic and I admire her very much... However she is booking for future holidays... And inside I feel so frustrated at her, (selfish, I know) I just woundered if she hasn't taken in what the doctor's said.... I find it upsetting to watch her planning for a future....

• Hi

I'm sorry to read about your mum. It must be very hard for the whole family.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the supporting someone with incurable cancer group as this will connect you directly with other carers, friends and families of people with a terminal diagnosis. You can then discuss your emotions as well as practical issues.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can then join and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Sending some virtual (((hugs))) your way.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"