Questioning everything!!

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi ! 

I'm 26 and lost my dad to cancer two months ago today. I'm not sure what status I would give myself as I'm neither Christian nor Atheist, but I have always strongly believed in an afterlife. I'm really struggling now as I have had no connection with my dad since he passed. I feel so incredibly alone and am now questioning everything that actually happens after death. 
Any oppinions are kindly welcomed x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is a supportive place to be.

I'm really sorry to read that your dad recently passed away and it must be an incredibly hard time for you. I think everyone wonders what happens after death and I suppose my answer would be that I really don't know.

I wondered if you might like to join the bereaved family and friends group where you could share your feelings and get support from others who have lost a loved one to cancer.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Keeks. I was raised as a catholic and they are pretty full on about the after life however I personally never came to grips with it. Not a catholic since I was a kid.

Since last years diagnosis I have obviously been asking myself a lot of tough questions. Being a dad of 2 small children I was terrified about not seeing them and what happens after death. I Personally  still do not know, BUT I thought that if there was nothing next then I would work of being the best dad I could and creating memories and good times with them. 

Sounds like you had a good dad. Grief it not easy. Had a friend past last week and for me concentrating on the god times and memories helps me. And talking to someone helped me. It was hard at first to open up.

The status you would give yourself is agnostic maybe ?

What is between atheist and agnostic?
    Atheism is the doctrine or belief that there is no god. However, an agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a god or religious doctrine. Agnostics assert that it's impossible for human beings to know anything about how the universe was created and whether or not divine beings exist.
    Hope you are OK. There is good topis and support on the link below.
    Hang in there