Spiritualism

• 7 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all..

I just saw this group and joined. 
just to say I’m not religious at all.. but I’ve had all my questions about where we go etc answered by spiritualism, particularly the Seth Material. 
Im surrounded by people who think I’m mad lol.. only person on my level with this was mum who passed in 2016. My partner is ok with it but still not 100% sure. 
Anyway.. I’ve posted this on the chance there are any like minded people or just want to chat or know more about it. 
thanks for reading

Jane xx 

• Hi Jane and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm not quite sure where I stand in believing or not in God. I guess I don't like to say that I don't believe, in case there really is one and I get struck down by a thunderbolt, but on the other hand I find it hard to imagine that when we die we just 'stop'.

I've had a look in the group but can't find any previous posts which mention Seth Material but I have found a few which mention spiritualism. If you click here it'll take you to the list which you could have a look through.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• There is someone doing very interesting research on Cancer and Spirituality. He had a trial with Maggie's before COVID, using films and books to help people think and talk about their experience of cancer.

Here is a link to an article he wrote about it: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1749602020931009

After two years of living with cancer, I believe it is important for us to have conversations about death which go beyond the binary choice of religion or "science". Science knows it doesn't have all the answers. Pondering our own death gives us access to a large imaginary and spiritual domain where hope and despair battle sometimes on a daily basis. Tapping into that to write, paint and communicate with others yields many riches.

CLG03...
  • Thanks.. it’s a very interesting article.. I’ve never seen that breaking bad show.. although it doesn’t go into spiritualism itself much i definitely related to a lot of it.

Jane 

• Hi don’t know if you are still active here. I grew up with a mother who was gifted as a medium and while not formally spiritualist, pretty similar. You are the first person in ages that I have heard mention the Seth material! I discovered when I was younger and it made a huge impression. 
    I find myself having more in common with people in this community than in the religious forum which seems very Christian with respect to the flavour of the posts. 

• Hi.. 

my mum was very similar.. she was a spiritualist and began doing readings for people. 
    I’m glad you like the Seth material.. it was a revaluation to me. 
    mum was also into the Micheal teachings. 
    jane 

• Thank you. I find that having a sense of a larger reality is bringing me hope in the face of dealing with cancer.