Hormone Therapy & blood pressure

• 1 reply
  • 32 subscribers

I have recently completed my radiotherapy for prostate cancer ( pace nodes trial ) & am midway through a 2 year programme of hormone therapy which I seem to be coping with reasonably well.

Last week I had my annual health check with my GP practice & to my surprise ( horror ) learned that my BP is raised & my cholesterol is higher.

BP: Although my GP has doubled my Ramipril twice in the last 2 months ( now 10mg from 2.5mg ) my blood pressure now hovers around 150/80 ( after being circa 130/70 ).

Cholesterol: My Triglycerides are up to 2.4 ( after being circa 1.1 constantly for several years )

From reading on the subject it appears that both of these raised levels could be - at least in part - due to the HT. Could this be the case? I’ve also had reduced exercise for the last 3 months after injuring my knee - this may also be a contributory factor.

High BP & cholesterol are not a good combination - can you give me any advice on what I should do ( I have redoubled my efforts to exercise - 4 miles a day - and being more watchful on my diet ).

I am due to speak with my Oncologist next week - should I be questioning him or my GP?