• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers


do you have any advice on oncology massage, I'm not sure where to look re qualifications the practitioner needs etc. i live in east Cheshire.

kind regards

  • Hello Rmcg and thank you for contacting the online community.

    Massage therapy is often offered as part of cancer care in cancer centres, hospices, community health services and some GP surgeries. It can be done by specialist massage therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, or complementary therapists. You can contact the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT) to find a trained massage therapist. You can visit for more details.

    Some of our centres offer complementary therapies like massage. I looked at on our website and while East Cheshire might have been too broad a search, you can pop your location in here and it will bring up what local support there is.

    We also have a publication called Cancer and Complementary Therapies, a realistic and balanced guide to the complementary therapies used by people living with cancer. These include mind therapies, physical therapies, acupuncture, complementary medicines, alternative therapies, and psychological and self-help therapies. Also includes a list of relevant organisations and resources.

    Is this support for yourself Rmcg? How are things just now, is there anything else we can help you with?

    Alex, Information and Support Adviser

    Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.