Counsellor help needed

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Hello there 

I’m 14 months down the line after treatment for cervical cancer. Radiotherapy. Chemo and bracky. Was terrible ! I’ve not had any counselling but feel desperate now. 

how can I go about accessing help ? 

thank you so much 

Simone x 

• Hi Simone,  

Thank you for reaching out to the online community, I’m so sorry to hear what a terrible journey you’ve had, it sounds like you’ve been through so much, it’s good that you’re looking into getting some counselling and support to help you through this difficult time.

Here at Macmillan, we have a partnership with BUPA to provide free counselling for people who have a cancer diagnosis.  You can read all about it here on our website and even complete a self-referral or why not give our Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000, we’re open every day from 8am to 8pm, we can have a chat and look at what support may be beneficial to you and we can book an appointment with BUPA then too.

We also have some booklets on feelings and emotions after cancer treatment too that may be of interest to you Simone, there are some good links to other organisations that can help you too, I’ve put links to the pdf booklets below.

Life after cancer treatment

The emotional effects of cancer

Your feelings after cancer treatment

Please remember, we’re here to support you in any way we can even if it’s just someone to talk to so regardless of counselling please reach out to us here at Macmillan any time you need to talk.

Take care,

Vicky, Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.