Benefits

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

I have had bladder cancer, which has now been removed and I have had a stoma with an external bag.

Im self employed and its only been a few weeks since my operation and i am slowly getting better. But I am unable to carry out my normal duty's.

My question is am I entitled to any benefits?

• Hello  

Thanks for contacting us. 

We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can go through a full benefit check with you; including a check for one-off grants. The Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a section on Ask an Expert, but you can  speak to them by phone on 0808 808 0000 and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and on weekends 9am – 5pm.

If you prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option. 

The Welfare Rights advisor you speak with will ask you to confirm some details such as your household income, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities, and any savings you have - this is just to see if any other help is available.

Just so you know, our service Financial Guidance, can offer information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

Pensions and retirement options

Questions about insurance policies

Mortgages and money management

Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family

General financial planning questions

If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the number above. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.

Kind regards,

Andy

Financial Guide