where can i get benefits help what am i entitled too

  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

just been diagnosed with myeloma im recieving statutory  sickness pay but i imagine this wont last forever what benefits am i entitled to ????

  • Thanks for your question  . I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but we can look into what benefits you’re entitled to.


    We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can discuss grants with you. Unfortunately, the Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a presence on Ask an Expert but you could speak to them by phone. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 (option 1, option 2, option 2) and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.

    They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.


    We also have a Work Support Team available on the same phone number from Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm if you have any questions about work.


    Just so you’re aware, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

    Pensions and retirement options

    Questions about insurance policies

    Mortgages and money management

    Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family

    General financial planning questions


    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.

     Kind regards,



    Financial Guide