Help with housing grants

  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Dear sir/madam. 

      I am just enquiring if there are any grants or loans or help I can get to get repaires done on our home that desperately need doing before my husband comes out of hospital xx



  • Thanks for your question  , depending on what kind of repairs need to be done to your property there may be grants available to you.


    We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can discuss grants with you. Unfortunately, the Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a presence on Ask an Expert but you could speak to them by phone. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 (option 1, option 2, option 2) and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.

    They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.

    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

    • Pensions and retirement options
    • Questions about insurance policies
    • Mortgages and money management
    • Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family
    • General financial planning questions

    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.


    All the best,


    Financial Guide