Help with heating

  • 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I have recently been diagnosed with Cancer.
The heating system in our small house has packed up and we need to get the heating system replaced.
I am 70 and on a small state pension
My wife and I have a small irregular income from our small unregistered website business
Is it possible to get grants to help replace our heating system

  • Hi @sammoda82,


    Thank you for getting in touch. I’m so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis and the heating system in your house has packed up and it needs to be replaced.


    We have a dedicated team of Welfare Rights Advisors that can help you understand and claim any benefits that you may be entitled to. They will also look to see if you qualify for a Macmillan Grant.


    Please give the team a call on freephone 0808 808 0000 followed by option 1 then 2 and 2 again.

    They are available, Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and the weekend 9am-5pm.


    If you prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants option.


    In addition, they would be able to refer you to our Energy Advice Team who look at what support may be available in relation to energy (e.g. Gas and Electric) and water bills.

    They can be contacted on: 0808 808 0000. They are available Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm.



    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas:


    • pensions and retirement options
    • questions about insurance policies
    • mortgages and money management
    • arranging wills and trusts to protect your family
    • general financial planning questions


    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance Team just select options 1 then 2 and 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm.



    Kind regards,


    Service Knowledge & Content Specialist

    The Financial Guidance Service will not recommend that you buy, sell or cancel a specific financial product from any company. As a guidance service, we do not provide financial advice and we are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

    The aim of the Financial Guidance Service is to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your personal finances. For financial advice, including recommendations to buy, sell or cancel specific financial products, you should speak to a financial adviser who is suitably qualified and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

  • Hi Laura
    Thanks for the reply
    Following calls to Macmillan and to a local company
    I was referred to a heating specialist company who rang me back to arrange for an appointment tomorrow where we will be visited to inspect our heating.
    They have funding to replace heating systems so fingers crossed!


    I am 70 years old and have recently been diagnosed with cancer