partner kn ssp

  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

hi my partner has worked for the last 20 year on earning between 600- 1000 a week since 8th of jan hes been on sick pay of 109 pounds he doesnt even jave enoughtto pay the rent so im letting him move in jere im on u/C is there anything else he can claim we have applied for pip whwn he moves in with this affct my universal credit can he claim new aytle esa im so stuck how can he live On 109 poinds a week 

  • Thanks for your question  , I’m sorry to hear about your partner’s diagnosis.


    We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can answer your question regarding Universal Credit and anything else you can claim. Unfortunately, the Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a presence on Ask an Expert but you could speak to them by phone. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 (option 1, option 2, option 2) and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.


    They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.


    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;


    Pensions and retirement options


    Questions about insurance policies


    Mortgages and money management


    Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family


    General financial planning questions


    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.


     Kind regards,



    Financial Guide