Travel Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Thank you Macmillan 

I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic Colon/Liver cancer 3 years ago which has now spread to create secondary cancer of the lungs, however I have had surgery and chemo which seems to have cleared it all - touch wood!!! I also had open heart surgery last year!

All in all it has been a bit of a trial!

We have been trying to get travel insurance and as you can image it has been a bit of a problem - to put it mildly! With online searches producing either we cannot insure you or £2000 plus for cover and then it was conditional. So today I bit the bullet and spoke to the Macmillan advisors and after a pleasant discussion and subsequent email I was able to pick up the Macmillan insurance community and one of the members recommended  Insurancewith.com. I visited the site and after some difficulties (site difficulties) was able to get a quote with all of my conditions, and my partner's - she has Supra-ventricular-tachycardia - covered for £609 - a deal!! That was an annual policy and included Cruising. This is just over two thirds less then the best quote I have previously had. And yes they use a completely different algorithm to measure and complete the forms. I am well pleased!!

So a real result - as I have said thank you Macmillan very much!!!!!