Heating money

  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hi I was just wonder would I be able to get any help with heating please best wishes 

  • Hello   ,


    Thanks for getting in touch.


    We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can answer your questions regarding financial support. They may also refer you to our Energy advice team to see if there’s any other support with heating costs.


    Unfortunately, the Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a presence on Ask an Expert but you could speak to them by phone. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.


    They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.


    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;


    Pensions and retirement options


    Questions about insurance policies


    Mortgages and money management


    Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family


    General financial planning questions


    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.




    Kind regards,






    Financial Guide