• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

we got 0 universal credit again 

1his pension 800

attendee allowance 100

sspay 110

i applied for carer allowance which starts in dec 78.99 a week 

is all we got coming in we get 5oo odd amount then we get housing 500 ,01 but we have to pay 350 difference which is ok i suppose but we dont get the housing rent so out of what we get we have to pay the full rent so thats -800 from what we get so leaves us we 0 for food as electric /gas council tax ,takes the rest just dont get universal credit if we get 500.01 rent why dont we get it to pay our rent just ask so many times and just dont get it ,

You said per month the total rent for your property is £850.00.

You will have to pay your housing costs to your landlord.

Monthly, we can pay you £500.01 towards your housing costs. We cannot pay the full amount you told us about because:

thats the part we pay u 500.01 towards rent whom as our land lord dont get nor do we anybody understands that 
  • Hello @onos,


    Thanks for getting in touch. I’m really sorry to hear about the financial difficulties you are facing, it sounds like a really tough time.


    We have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers who can answer your questions.


    Unfortunately, the Welfare Rights Advisers don’t currently have a presence on Ask an Expert but you could speak to them by phone. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 and they’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.

     They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.

    Due to your situation, you may want to also get some advice on your rights as a tenant and to understand housing options. To do this you can speak with Shelter. Shelter is a separate charity who provide advice on housing issues.

    They can be contacted via:      Tel: 0808 800 4444

    Lines are open from Monday to Friday 8:00am until 8:00pm, and 09:00am until 5:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.  In Scotland lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am until 5:00pm.

    Calls are free from UK landlines and all major UK mobile operators.

    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

     Pensions and retirement options

     Questions about insurance policies

     Mortgages and money management

     Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family

     General financial planning questions


    If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.

    Take care,



    Service Knowledge & Content Specialist

    The Financial Guidance Service will not recommend that you buy, sell or cancel a specific financial product from any company. As a guidance service, we do not provide financial advice and we are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

    The aim of the Financial Guidance Service is to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your personal finances. For financial advice, including recommendations to buy, sell or cancel specific financial products, you should speak to a financial adviser who is suitably qualified and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.