• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers


I am singel parwbt on stage 2 breast cancer and struggling with money and I required benefit advice. I am on housing benefit and  receiving ESA and apply for PIP and waiting for decesion  should I apply for UC as well ? coz I have no idea what to do, my head get numb coz of cancer treatments chemo . I dont no what to apply & what not to apply …Unamused my mostly days are on bed . Please I need advice 

  • Hello  ,


    Thanks for your enquiry. I’m sorry to hear about the current situation but hopefully we can provide some support at this difficult time.


    To discuss what financial support is available, I’d like you to speak to our Welfare Rights Team. They’ll be able to do a full benefit check to let you know everything you’re entitled to. You can speak to them on freephone 0808 808 0000 or on webchat here and they’re available Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. When you speak to them, they’ll need some information about household income, savings and outgoings so please have these to hand.


    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;


    • Pensions and retirement options
    • Questions about insurance policies
    • Mortgages and money management
    • Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family
    • General financial planning questions



    Our freephone number is 0808 808 0000. The financial guides are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm although our lines remain open until 8pm for other services.



    You can also talk to us or our Welfare rights team via our webchat service.




    Kind regards.



    Will Quinn

    Financial Guide