Hello

Less than one minute read time.

Hello,

My name is Yilmaz and I am a carer for my mum.  She has a history of a cancer: breast, bone, liver, but bravely fought through it.  This year, she started getting headaches.  A scan revealed that she had several brain mets.  After a course of radiotherapy, the medics decided that there was no more they could do for her. 

My mum's mobility is virtually non-existent.  She cannot walk or make many movements with her body.  She speaks with difficulty and struggles to speak coherently. 

I came on here to share my experiences with others, so that hopefully we can support each other.  I have spoken to some of you in the chatroom already, but I hope to speak to more of you in time. 

:)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya Yilmaz,

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. Reading your post was like reading my own story - my mum fought melanoma for 7 years...it started on her little toe but spread further after amputation. She had melanoma deposits in her liver, stomach and lung - she coped so well with several clinical chemo trials over the years and you would never know that she was ill.

Unfortunately she too started to have headaches in April and a scan revealed several brain mets. She underwent one week of radiotherapy but after that the doctors gave us the same devastating news. My mum had the same mobility and speech issues - it is so hard and I truly understand what you are going through. If you ever need to chat just drop me a line.

Take care and all the best xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for all the kind comments and the warm welcome which you have given me.  :)