2010 Calender

Less than one minute read time.
Hi Everyone, My name is Patrick and I am a carer from for my wife Michelle, who has cervical cancer & Lymphoma. I've had an idea for raisng money in the form of a calender, which everyone on this site can join in on. I have emailed my intentions to my local ( Leicestershire ) Macmillan office and they have no problems with me doing it at all. I've also emailed admin and the press office of " What Now" and at this time I am waiting for permission from them. I already have a couple of people really interested in helping out, and any others are more tham welcome. When we get started, we'll need your ideas, stories & photo's. Please bookmark this blog and I'll update it when I know a little more. Patrick.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I LOVE that calender title Tgirl:

"Cancer: sometimes things happen in life that change you"

Such a simple title yet so powerfull, that's why I love this site, for everyone's input and ideas.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The purpose of this calendar, I think is two fold.

Firstly to raise money for the MacMillan charity and secondly to dispel the myth that cancer patients (+ family and friends) should be hidden as it is such a difficult subject and the world is scared of the big C.

To do the above we need to make sure that we get the maximum impact. Not sure how we do this but I will be trying to get the old brain box working this weekend!!!

Andrew xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I agree with Andrew, before Michelle & I had to deal with " The Big C " we ignorantly thought that death was the main option.

OK, like most we cried and thought the worst in our darkest days, and yes those dark days still come along!

But now we feel, like alot of us, that we won't let the wrongly named " Big C" beat us.

That's why I love the theme of us not being seen as normal! If that makes sense?

Other's might think different and want a deeper or more normal feel calender, and each to their own.

That's why we need all your idea's and thought to build a calender that will be different to others.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your summary there Pat was perfect!!! Your initial request for soneone that can do a poll I think it think is perfect - has any one got the IT skills to be able to do that? x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I love tgirl's idea it brought back to mind that someone on here once said that we have to get people away from thinking that being told you have cancer is to be handed an automatic death sentence, it is a disease a very nasty disease but can be beaten..   I think tgirl's title "Cancer: sometimes things happen in life that change you"  reflects exactly what has happened to my Loggy  but Yes you can still manage to live, laugh and have fun.  We have a "Normal Life"  OK so the rational of normal just changes.