Less than one minute read time.
It's been a while since I've been on. I have had a left axillary lymph node removal... Quite a scar! Testing for lymphoma. I go back on the 29th. The op was the 9th august. My scar seems to be healing well, but think there's some nerve damage as I get sharp shooting, stabbing pains going into the breast. My boob is so painful! Anyway... What I'm worried about is under my arm... About inch and half from my scar, my skin looks 'puckered'.... Like it's been pulled from inside...pinched from under the skin? Another thing...my underarm feel sticky...it's very weird! Not to the touch, but if I lift my arm it feels like I'm ripping velcro. Hard to describe! Is this all normal? Has anyone else experienced this?Should I be worried? Or am I just being stupid and should I just wait for my result!!
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there. i had axillary lymph node removal may 2011.  At first i felt there was an egg under my arm, the scar did take a while to fade but that was because of the chemo i had and chemo puts healing on hold.  a year and a bit later and the scar is barely visible and i dare lift up my arm in sleeveless tops now.

I too had the 'puckered' look, but its gone now.  i didn't have the velcro feeling, but i did have a funny but not awful smell undeer the arm for a few months.  the BCN told me it was the sweat glands and nerves sorting themselves out.   there is a tiny area under my arm where if i touch it, i feel the sensation about 1cm away.  so the nerves did not recover 100% but hey - if that's all i have to worry about for the rest of my life i won't complain.

I hope the results are good news and that you make a quick recovery.

stay positive.

jules

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi jules, thank you for the reply. I get the egg under the arm... I described mine as if having a block under my arm...but nothing there... Very weird feeling isn't it! Hope all is going well for you now. I'm keeping everything crossed for next week, hoping too that it's good news. Thanks once again...good to know I'm not going round the twist! Xx