unco-operative piping

1 minute read time.

So went for bloods today. My 'positional' tubes which have caused a little difficulty before played up big time today and they had to resort to taking bloods from my arm as none would come out from the tubes, despite them asking me to put arms above head, try coughing, deep breaths, lying flat, standing up....... NO said the tubes! Then the nurse tried removing the stitch (the 3 weeks since having tubes inserted is up... REALLY??) but it was partly stuck to the scab so when she pulled............ OUCH! I wanted to cry even though it wasn't THAT painful, but the wibbly bit of me was threatening to come out again ;)

The deputy sister asked if I was ok as I didn't look as perky as usual and asked if I had had any more upsets since last Monday, and I said yes, on Sunday... she said she thought so and had I booked to see the psychologist yet? She's a canny lass ;)) I originally asked to see her so I could refer the kids but I think I may need someone neutral to 'vent' to as well!

Bumped into the local lady with breast cancer today - scarf wrapped round her shaved head - had a chat about a foot in both worlds, normal world and cancer world, about how you have your head around it yet you don't ... good to touch base with someone face-to-face who can relate -  just as fab as talking to you lovely lot :)

So, if no phone call to say bloods not up enough, its chemo #3 at 11am tomorrow. Got a new book that Sascha has loaned me........

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck with the chemo and enjoy the book... I gave up with my line and just got it from arm as they had to have a special nurse to do it etc etc... as you say, they tell you it will be convenient.. as in how???

Wow, 3 already.. time flies.. are we having fun or something?

Big big cwthes and bug hugs to you and wear your spotty mac whether it is raining or not cos it will make you smile!

Bug oops big hug- you are destined to have bug hugs from me  but I think they are best.

Little My xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yeh, who WAS this Hickman fella anyway and is there a queue to poke him in the eye and if not can we form one? ;)

I prefer the bug hugs, they sound quite lovely :D

Catch ya later missy xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I sometimes had trouble with my Hickman line...especially when they woke me at 6am and I'd not had food or drink!!! The chicken dance was quite effective, although I must have looked a sight and it usually resulted in me dropping exhausted on the bed after. Sit on bed and flap both arms up and down....

As regards counsellor, sometimes I just belted out feelings on computer, then deleted after I'd got out of system.

Love and hugs xxx