I'll have another appointment please. Or a 'complement'

1 minute read time.

So today I had another appointment. Well, why not, not like I have anything better to do :))       It was a meeting with the cancer psychologist. The nurses book you in as routine and then they see you regularly if you're not coping well etc... we had a good natter and she said that often she is contacted by patients after the treatments finish as when there's nothing else happening some people feel lost... we agreed that I was doing ok for now but I can call her any time to meet up if me or my kids are upset etc. Fab :) Nice to know how much support is out there.

My GP appointment is tomorrow. PET scan Tuesday followed by calling into my local (hospital not pub these days) for my bloods ready for my chemo appointment ... where do you fit in just being then? ;)

AND, I called a local hospice and support centre to enquire about their complementary therapies for cancer patients and a nice lady called back and is coming to see me next Thursday to fill in forms and take notes etc and then book me in for whatever therapies are most appropriate ... yay for being spoiled! :D

I am hoping that when I get PET results they say in a jolly voice "oh there we are, only 2 more chemos for you!" yet am aware it may need to be more so gang, more keeping fingers crossed please! ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Cariad,

Here's hoping that the scans are positive and you can get off the chemo and back on the beer soon.

As requested fingers are crossed, and anything that I can cross will be, ouch!

Have a good weekend.

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Told you the chicken dance would work for getting the blood out of your line!

I didn't see the Cancer Psychologist until earlier this year because, as yours said, I needed more help on the emotional side afterwards. She was lovely but I think by then I realised how I needed to turn my life around.

Take up all the stuff that is offered. I wanted to go to the Feel good group but was in and out of hospital so much with treatment, relapses, infections, that I never managed to go.

Love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Colin! *waves*

Well, it was more by luck than judgement lol! Yes, I am hoping to raise a few glasses as soon as possible! Thanks :) xxx

Tim, please don't injure yourself crossing too many things :D Enjoy your weekend too xxx

Stinker! You were right! hehe!

Yes, cancer tends to make you view 'stuff' differently eh? Hey, we can have  virtual Feel Good Group and when we meet up we can all have Feel Good Hugs! ;) xxx

Love and cwtchs to you all

Ems xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Cariad,

Good Luck for good results, fingers and toes crossed xx Take care

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello you :)

Thanks hun, I hope you don't have to keep them crossed for too  long!! xxxxx