How do we get through this?

Less than one minute read time.

16th Oct - I'm sat in my apartment packing up my things to fly home tommorrow to care for my mother who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. To say I'm scared is an underestimation. She is in denial at the moment and I guess I am too. I dont think the reality of it will hit me until I get home. Even starting to write this blog is hard...our whole lives have been turned upside down in the last week and I dont see how things will get better. Mum is so young, I never imagined that I would need to care for my mother when she was only 60 and me 28. Even since her diagnosis her health has begun to decline.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Irlanda,

Very wise words from DB. Wait until your Mum has seen her Oncologist and his treatment plan before you jump the gun. Its the waiting for the results of scans and biopsies that will get to you.

You have to be patient. Yes I know it wont be easy. But just take it as it comes.  Good Luck to you both.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello irlanda

my hubby was diagnosed with lung cancer in july and is having chemotherapy , as people have already  said its a scary emotional roller coaster of a journey and the shock and devastation when you are told news like this is truly a lot to take in

but be positive wait and see what the treatment options are for your mum  there are tests they have to do re scans and biopsies as sarsfield said  then you will know whats happening

thinking of you and your mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx