Brain Scan ??

1 minute read time.

I suppose I will find out soon what going on with my husband he has SCLC (inoperable )  only diagnosed a couple of months ago ( feels like years) , He started chem 8 days ago and since then he has become confused and his speech is a bit slurred. Its so very upsetting, I dont know how much more I can take, just when you think things maybe getting a bit better something else raises its ugly head.

He is going for a brain scan this morning, Oh and the other thing is he cant stand up any more because his blood pressure drops when he stands aaaaa9 he collapsed at home at the weekend and so had to go back into hospital. They are testing the Adrenal glad ,to find out about the collapsing.

This is my strong husband who before this never had a day off work in his life, never went to the doctors etc. Its just heartbreaking . Every time I go to the hospital I dread to see how he is. I'm so scared of every thing now.

Its hard to think you just dont know what to expect from one day to the next. One good thing is he wasnt eating at all the last couple of weeks and funnily enough he has started to eat a bit now.............just hope that might save him.

Denise x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Denise, Pete developed a blood clot so for safety they put him on fragmin a blood thinning injection i give it in his tum and it was that the coursed the problem so its been reduced to every other day now,he had his treatment so all ok at the mo,lovely words debs,good luck sarsfield with your scan ,thinking of everyone ,Chris.xx