Week 1 - got to start somewhere!

1 minute read time.

A bit of background - I've got terminal cancer, since my bowel cancer decided to move into the lymph nodes around my aorta.  Chemo isn't going to be a short term thing for me, but ongoing until it stops working.  So life has to keep going around it!  

I've been on treatment since March last yer (2016) and I've realized that my fitness levels have dropped even lower than they were before - which wasn't great even then!  But I want to help my treatment and my body as much as I can, so I've decided to do something about it.  A New Year's resolution I promised myself I wouldn't make.  So I'm going to try to reverse the decline, help my body, and maybe help me live a little longer.  

I decided to do a blog because I need someone, somewhere to keep me on track, to keep me real, to just talk it through.  If I tell anyone in "real" life then they'll just nag me, or tell me 'no'.  

So I'm starting off lightly, with yoga and walking.  I'm starting with a target of 3 yoga sessions a week (30 min from a DVD at home) and a daily walk (or static bike ride given the awful weather).  My last chemo of this round is next week, so that might be a bit lighter, but that's my target for the next four weeks.  Then I'll see how I'm doing and take it from there.  

I'm also going to try to get my diet under control.  I've put on weight and it doesn't feel good, although I know its probably a good sign while I'm on chemo.  But I know bad eating habits from 4 years of Weightwatchers, so those afternoon munchies have to stop! My son's prize box has to be off limits!  

Will let you know how it goes.  Fingers crossed, K xxxx

Anonymous