Colon cancer T4 N2 surgery due 17th Jan

Less than one minute read time.

Hi im due to have surgery for my tumour removal and was just wondering if anyone has been through this and can give me advice. I have been told ill have a temporary ileostomy bag and a catheter as i have to have part of my bladder removed to get a clear margin.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Perivale,

I'm so sad to hear you are going through what must be a worrying and fearful time. It's brilliant you have been able to reach out to the community - so welcome. Can I suggest you are more likely to find the people with shared experience in the colon cancer group? Click through on this link and follow the on page directions to join and start a discussion.

I hope you find some fellow travellers

Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi my wife had 6" of her colon removed at end of November2016 and she never had to have a stoma so it is possible not to have one i really hope things go as well for you as it did my wife the only down side is they found tumours in hrr liver spleen and lymph nodes and we,ve been told its terminal last Thursday

it was such a shock after the op going so going all the best on your op

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ken sorry to bother you but wanted to ask if the spread of your wife's cancer wasn't picked up on the CT and MRI scans prior to the operation and what was her tumour, mine was T4N2 and is 15 cm from my rectum.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi

yes it was picked up on the ct scan it also showed up on the ultrasound before the ct. We,ve told now that its terminal only cause the lymph gland if that wasnt there there would have been a bigger chance of getting rid of it but because of it they can,t operate. I really pray all will go as well as can be in the op

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hers was t4n2 also and was at the start where the bowel meets the small intestine it was all picked up on the three scans we had ultrasound CT and MRI