Boxing Day Blues

Less than one minute read time.

Decided it was best to remove this blog 

Anonymous
  • Hi, welcome to the community, though sorry you find yourself touched by cancer again. Don't know what your mums cancer was but obviously not the same as your husbands. Glad you found writing on here an outlet though just about everything on here is open so he could potentially read it. You might find lots of help to if posted in our prostrate cancer group.

<<hugs>>

Steve

• Thanks, I will bear that in mind. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi hms, life's not very fair sometimes is it? I see so many people on these forums touched several times by the cancer blight. You and your husband sound like a close couple and I know you must be going through the wringer. My diagnosis w as only three weeks ago and I'm still trying to get my head caught up with the surgical procedure. My head is refusing to co-operate! It's a different life now isn't it? (Bc) I've been trying mindfulness and it helps - a little. I fall asleep listening to sleep meditation on YouTube because I know I need to sleep to cope the best I can. I keep my kindle nearby so when I wake up during the night I have a distraction so I don't ruminate. During the night fears hang over onto the day so I try to knock them on the head at source. I'm afraid my views aren't maybe much help because I'm new to all this but I couldn't read your story without at least attempting to reach out. I hope all your worst fears never happen and in the end you find a safe path through all this ...x

• Thanks doddsy for taking time to comment, it's not easy but I'm the lucky one, it's my husband that is ill. He plays games on his iPad in the night when he can't sleep so he doesn't wake me, bless him but I'm terrible without sleep. You take care and keep chatting to everyone, it really helps

H