Staying strong

Less than one minute read time.

We were given the worst possible news last Thursday that my dad has cancer in multiple places. He's 81 years old and I am 39. He won't be having any treatment just pain relief. I'm really struggling to see his decline and as he didn't want to know a timescale, I'm terrified that he will go very soon. It's really hard to stay strong for my children, mum and dad. All of us are staying strong, dad included. As he has said, he's not ready to go and neither are we to let him. With Christmas this coming week, it's awful, I look at the tree with despair yet try to cheerful for my children. My message I guess is to those struggling like us, hang in there you're doing well even when you don't feel. Keep fighting x

Anonymous
  • Hi Holly

I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. What a shock. You must be devastated.

While you are welcome to blog here at any time, I wondered whether you wanted to join the community group we have here for Friends and Family of those affected by cancer? It might help to be in contact with others experiencing the same thing. I know a lot of folk find the support a comfort.

Thinking of you and hoping you manage to create some more memories with your dad to treasure in the future.

Sending a big hug your way

Sue x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Sue, I will do x