No humour in cancer

Less than one minute read time.

I have been fighting this fight for a few years and winning I might add, but today I felt  drained from the inside out, i don't know if it's the build up to christmas or work or family or all if it, but if I had a button I'd want someone to turn me off for the night, switch me on in the morning .

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’ve not replied to a post before but yours struck a chord. 

Fighting the fight is relentless but if you are like me it has a pattern and ebbs and flows between weekly treatment. 

I think this week is messing with my pattern and the thought that anything else might be required of me is exhausting. So as you say switch off; I have walked the dog, breathed deeply and read quietly.  Hang on, it will pass.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you so much No one ever realises how bad it gets unless their going through it themselves and iam aware that sounds ungrateful of all the amazing things our families and friends do and have done for us, but some days like today it was hard, I've worked all the way through and been mostly upbeat and let's just get on with it,but I struggled today, its been almost three years and iam only now I think dealing with my emotions, so thankyou again