Diversion

• Cycle 1: "Recovery" Period

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Have stupidly left this to after I started round 2 so need to put myself back into “Recovery Zone” mode…where I was very positive and happily thinking, “This isn’t so bad, I’m one of the lucky ones, if it’s like this the whole way through I will be fine!”
    Perhaps it is like giving birth where you seem to forget about how traumatic it all is fairly quickly!

But actually…

• Cycle 1: Treatment Day - Day Zero

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So….here I am in my kitchen with a cup of tea, once again the fluttering, flapping wings of Cancer muffling all my other thoughts.  It’s so irritating!  They quietened a little after my first blog entry so worth another try.

I’m on day 18 of my first cycle - round 2 is on Thursday - so it’s a good time to summarise my Cycle 1 experience.  There’s a fair amount to say so I’ll just start with Treatment…

• The Facts and the Plan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, here I am.  Sitting in my kitchen with a cup of tea.  It’s cold, grey and misty outside which is a strangely comforting reflection of my mood.  I’m peering through the haze, trying to make sense of the vaguely deformed shapes looming out there.  Like trying to make sense of the shadowy grey thoughts flitting through my mind.  

I’ve decided I’m going to get some of the noise in my head down on paper.…