Chemotherapy finished radiotherapy finished but oh boy does the Zoldronic Acid cause pain

1 minute read time.

Hi Everyone , I first posted a blog back in December 2016 thought I would update you if that's ok . Well I've now finished 6 months of FEC and 3 weeks of radiotherapy I count myself lucky in a way because I only had a what I feel is a short course of treatment I had a couple of hospital stays 1 was in February with a chest infection and the other was in March when I had what I can only describe as an odd experience !! I had just finished my evening meal with my family when the room started to spin and my eyes were rapidly flicking backwards and forwards I managed to get to the front room and that's all I remembered until 2 very nice ambulance men and a paramedic arrived ! I could breathe properly and I was sweating they decided I needed to go to hospital where I had a scan and X-ray (they thought I had a clot on my lung) but they were clear I was kept in overnight I frightened the life out of my husband who thought I was having a stroke . My oncologist seems to think it was the steroids that caused my blood sugars to go up they were 14 when I was assessed by the ambulance men and rose to 18.1 while I was in A&E .I have to have a Zoldronic Acid infusion twice a year and had my first one on the 7 June went ok but boy oh boy the next day my left arm was and is so painful I'm not sure what to do with it the pain is worse than any of the other stuff I've had done . But my hair is sprouting my eyelashes are back and my eyebrows although they are growing in every direction . So to everyone who is still going or beginning treatment there is light at the end of the tunnel I've just come through it and I know I've got to take tablets (Letrozole) for 5-10 years but I'm staying positive I wish you all well and remember "we can do it" I don't always post on this site but always read the posts and want to say thank you to Macmillan for your support and all of you that are going through treatment. Xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was diagnosed July 2016, TNBC, had WLE 6 months chemo and now on 8 out of 20 radiotherapy sessions. Although side effects of chemo Taxol and then EC was mild , I was so fortunate but I suffered with an infected port which decided to break through the skin, not nice so that had to be removed after 4 chemo sessions only. Then my lumpectomy scar decided to break open and leak. On a brighter note my hair is growing and eyelashes but my eyebrows are not growing at all, I'll have some of yours please, lol. I've even shaved my legs, lol. Yes I agree, there is light at the end of the long tunnel. It is doable so good luck and much love to all who are still having treatment and heartfelt thanks for support