Ten months after diagnosis

1 minute read time.

Just an update as I've only just worked out how to use this properly ! Chemo was finished on 26th January , although I didn't experience any sickness I had some horrible side effects , blistered hands , sore and cracked feet , bloody nose , strange brown markings on my palms , and then anninfection in my nails which was horrific. Last week (almost five months this post chemo) my toe nails decided to fall off , just in the middle of all the hot weather - however these are all superficial things , my hair is growing back a very silver grey and I have had so many compliments on it I may keep it short (also needs no looking after and costs me a tenner at the hairdresser for a number 3 all over!)

In terms of treatment , I'm back at the oncologist on the 4th July to see whether I need to change from Tamoxifen to one of the AI's , and also for results of my last heart scan. This week will be number 12 of 18 Herceptin.

I had my mastectomy with an immediate implant reconstruction on April 6th , all seems to have gone okay , I've decided not to have any more surgery for the foreseeable future , will see what my yearly mammogram shows in August.

Mentally I am a bit unsure at the moment, I am back at work but have found I am not as confident with my decisions as I was , and also small things seem to affect me much more, will have to see how that goes.

Will leave it for now but will try and fill this in a bit more.

Jo x 

Anonymous