Meeting with breast surgeon ....

1 minute read time.

So, when I had my mastectomy in April 2017, I was due to have the DIEP flap procedure, but having had three operations and several months of chemotherapy I just couldn't face it. Instead I opted for an implant reconstruction, which was fine but is smaller than my other boob. So now I have one smaller, perky false boob, and one normal one and finding bras to fit is challenging. I have also developed ripples across the top of the reconstruction. I have ummed and aahed about what to do for a while, but made an appointment through my BCN to have a word with the surgeon about my options. I have just seen him this morning, he is such a lovely man. He thinks a DIEP would be the best option for me, and has referred me to the plactic surgery team. I have had the obligatory medical photos taken, how fetching will they be (not) If the plastics team don't deem me a candidate he will replace my implant with a larger one, lift my existing one and use some liposuction to pad out the area.

Meanwhile my husband is still on active surveillance for his prostate, he has his bloods taken every 3 to 4 months and they are reviewed - so far so good.

Anonymous