Devastated

Less than one minute read time.

So last entry was hooray , back to earth with a massive bump. My youngest sons best friends mum had breast cancer almost 5 years ago , and found out last week it has re-appreared in her liver and spine. She didn't want me to know , but my son has told me , partly for his own sanity I think. 

How totally crap is this disease , why is there so much re-currence ? She had both breasts removed and has no breast cancer anymore in her breasts, so the cancer must have , like for most women , just laid in wait in her body. Nothing shown on any scans previous , so what causes these seemingly dormant cells to  become aggressive again ? 

It is like a game of Russian roulette waiting to see if you get the bullet or not as the medical professionals don't know who will get it and who won't.

Very low and angry at the moment , it will pass and I will get in with living my life as I hope Jane will be able to for a long time.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aww I'm so sorry to hear this I'm newly  diagnosed and it's all new to me I'm absolutely gutted  that you have had to hear this awful new  try and stay positive stay strong this is the advise you have given me and I really appreciate it with all my heart you  helped me to stay positive  with this disease  as cruel as it is I'm scared stiff of what I have to deal with but I thought of you straight away and the help you are given me with your positave attitude  my thought are with you and I'm sending my love   thinking of you and hoping you can uck yourself up dust yourself down and keep fighting we have to beat this awful disease 

Love pasty xxxx

• Hi Jo, how is Jane getting on? Do you know what her prognosis is? Sorry to ask, but I have thought about her a few times since you wrote this, but didn't want to ask, for fear of bad news. X

• Hi JoJo

She is actually doing okay at the moment , she has been on tablet chemo and is feeling pretty normal, however she won’t speak to me , I have to pretend I don’t know so haven’t seen her much. I saw her a couple of times before Christmas doing some shopping and she just completely avoided me.... so maybe she thinks I don’t know still and doesn’t want to have that conversation with me, or she doesn’t want me to be upset and worried too - I just don’t know what to think or do really, but it isn’t about me so I completely respect whatever is going on in her head. I’m going to try and see her in the next few weeks. We are moving house next week, we’ve got a big 6 bedroomed house and are downsizing so things are a bit fraught at the moment, but will invite her around to the new place once we have been settled and hopefully she will come.

I get so angry at times about this disease , I know there are fantastic treatments but women shouldn’t be dying of something which doesn’t affect any important part of your body , particularly when they appear to have been “cured”

Sorry ranting on a bit there....

Jo x