Countdown

Less than one minute read time.

Diagnosed 12th July, Ivor Lewis surgery 3rd October discharged on 15th October, first 2 weeks it was a joy to be able to eat again, last 3 weeks swallowing difficulties. Final prognosis on Friday 25rh November, if node positive only 20-25% 5 years survival rate. So me and my good friend " hope " are looking for a better outcome. I'll be glad the waiting will be over in 5 days, I am being as positive as I can, I feel so sorry for my wife she has been through the mill and has been incredibly brave and supportive, but  believe we will get through this.

Anonymous
  • Hello zappaman,

I just found your blog. I am hoping and praying you get the good news tomorrow. I too believe you and your wife will get through it. I am short of words tonight but I'm keeping everything crossed.

Big hugs to you and yours.

• Thanks for your kind thoughts and support JM, whatever the outcome we'll take it as it comes.

You and your family have been through a rough time too but at last you are getting some positive news from the hospital. I'm glad you are starting to discover how strong you are, having come this far. The chemotherapy treatment doesn't seem to be so frightening to you, that is nice to see. It's good to hear that the treatment is going to be nearer for you and the chips and cheese sounded great! If I have to have my gullet stretched wider with a balloon I'll tell them to use a big balloon so that I can throw in the fish and chips. I have really been missing bread, especially toast, I told my wife to eat whatever she wants and I cook for my son but I must admit sometimes I would love to be able to eat whatever they are eating. One day one day. So when you get those nagging doubts just remember how strong you are and how far you have came and you can conquer anything else that is thrown at you on the rollercoaster ride from hell. Big hugs to you and your family