Two and a half years on.

Less than one minute read time.

Just a quick up date.

Well it’s been two and a half years now and so far so good.  A lot has happened, I now have three beautiful grandchildren, two boys and a girl, we sold our business and moved close to one of our daughters so lots of baby minding going on, keeping me busy. But what a blessing to be able to do that. 

Life is good and I am extremely grateful, reading back on my blog it seems like a long long time ago that the nightmare began. I feel so lucky to be able to be part of my husband’s, children’s and grandchildren’s and family’s lives for however long that may be. My husband and I are finding more time to relax again at last after all of the stresses the treatment and worry brings.

This Macmillan site was so valuable to me during my treatment, the people I met and the advice I got. It made everything so much more bearable.

Good luck and good wishes to everyone here. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow Jeanette. 

I joined the site today after a week of feeling sorry for myself and your story made mine pale into insignificance.

You've really been through it haven't you love. 

So glad you've come through the other side. It sounds like you've certainly got a lot to live for ith your lovely family. 

Good luck for the future

Susanne x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I’m so pleased to hear your story two and a half years from your diagnosis. I was diagnosed on my 34th Birthday on 9th January this year with triple negative breast cancer. I have a lumpectomy and some lymph nodes removed on 17th January and started my chemo on 1st March. I had my 5th chemo dose yesterday and feeling pretty poorly today. At least only one more to go. I then have 20 sessions of radiotherapy starting 31st July.

What worries me most is the cancer coming back somewhere else in the future and so reading your positive outcome has really helped. x