Just finished 5 week course of chemo radiotherapy

Less than one minute read time.

Hi all, just finished my 5 week chemo and radiotherapy now awaiting operation to remove tumour, the last couple of weeks I've suffered with constipation going to the loo all the time and straining, but hardly anything coming out. Feeling very uncomfortable, just wondered how long it normally takes to feel normal again.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi perivale 51.    I know the disappointment and uncomfort you are going through. Whatever you do not strain as this can prove very dangerous and not just for the nether regions. We had a chap in the North West once on the local news warning of brain aneurysms and haemarraging caused by that as it happened to him.       I tried Andrews liver salts or Aloe vera colon cleanse tablets which seemed to clear the unblocked drain if you like. Try syrup of figs, dried figs, prunes, licorice, senna tablets or other laxatives, even a lot of sugar free sweets can help as they warn that the sweeteners used may be laxative.  Try and do it the gentle way, I know its frustrating but please don't do it the brutal way by pushing.   Best of luck   Bill.