Lung cancer.

Less than one minute read time.

1yr on from the diagnosis of lung cancer ,now in remission . Keeping as active as much as the side effects will allow,fatigue,get breathless if I exert myself but overall I am coping.I am fortunate in being the eternal optimist.6yrs back I overcame a tumour on my vocal cord which left me with  a husky voice however this was a small price to pay for the defeat of the tumour,mind this came with the bonus that all the Ladies thought the sound of my voice was now rather sexy ,maybe they were just being kind I prefer to believe they were being honest.LOL.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi. I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in February 2010. Still here and still able to live a reasonable life despite the tiredness and breathless. The only advice I can give is to set yourself goals to reach as I did. My first goal was to be here for the birth of my granddaughter, she is now 5 and at school. Other goals was to see my grandson leave school and start college which he did in September. Hope everything goes well and you stay in remission.

Margaret