Can't take it anymore

Less than one minute read time.

After nearly 14 weeks in hospital I had my sarcoma removed last Friday, it was looking a success but unfortunately my skin graft hasn't taken so I need further surgery. I feel incredibly upset as I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am at my lowest point as I can't face anymore I just want to be home with my lovely family. I can't stop crying and I've never felt so hopeless and weak. I'm having a vac dressing fitted tomorrow and then will need a skin graft so long as the muscle that was

implanted in my leg has taken . This is something I'm very worried about as I really don't know what I'll do if this needs even more surgery. I should be happy as my sarcoma was successfully removed but all I can focus on is the failure. It doesn't help that I have a 14 week old baby and a 4yr old and I'm in a hospital not local to home 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Litllelydo

I've just suffered  because my neck is still hurting, (I had a laryngectomee nearly two years ago) and compared to you  I am lucky.

Trust in any god you want to but mostly of all, trust in yourself.

There is always hope.

Take every thing one at a time and think of the brave women who have fought for themselves and their country/families over the ages and have taken charge of themselves and their situation.

Tell your implant to grow, tell your family to stop worrying, at least in front of you.

Ease your own worrying, trust they can handle it, then you will and your body will respond.

Best

E

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well worst case senario has happened, the muscle didn't take either! I spent yesterday and this morning crying but now I've decided that I need to be strong. My consultant will decide what options are left, just can't face more surgery for a while but looks like I have no choice X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Littleydo,

What can I say, commiserations? condolences? Oh Bu****ration!.

I, like you have the possibility of going under the knife again but for totally different reasons.

(I have had five ops on my hands (DuPutyns Contracture) and r hand is starting to be bothersome again but after larry op I really do not want to go into a Theatre again so do have some empathy for your feelings)

However, you consultant will have the greater knowledge, but please do no not hesitate to ask for a second opinion, these people are highly experienced and have learnt by their and others mistakes, (folk who don't make mistakes, don't do 'owt) and realise that they could be mistook; time will tell; be strong, believe in yourself and good luck.

E

ps. If you must cry so much make sure you drink enough otherwise you will dehydrate!!! and hankies can cost!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Littleydo,

I, like you have the possibility of going under the knife again but for totally different reasons.

(I have had five ops on my hands (DuPutyns Contracture) and r hand is starting to be bothersome again but after larry op I really do not want to go into a Theatre again so do have some empathy for your feelings)

However, you consultant will have the greater knowledge, but please do no not hesitate to ask for a second opinion, these people are highly experienced and have learnt by their and others mistakes, (folk who don't make mistakes, don't do 'owt) and realise that they could be mistook; time will tell; be strong, believe in yourself and good luck.

E

ps. If you must cry so much make sure you drink enough otherwise you will dehydrate!!! and hankies can cost!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Littleydo,

E