the beginning

1 minute read time.

Hello everyone.

So I have decided to write about my experience so far , as I have so much going on in my head I need to talk to someone and feel my family just don't get it.

years ago I was told I had a benign optic chiasm glioma. And at my age it was very rare and that because it wasn't causing any trouble they would just monitor it. To which I wasn't upset and knowing what I know now. I should of been. 

8 months later I had a routine MRI and now told it's milignant and I need a biopsy and radiotherapy . Well I just broke . Thinking I could turn to my family they were emotional-less and weren't really supportive. So a good few appointments later after seeing my oncologist I was told it's too dangerous to operate and should of never been told my glioma was benign as it's always been milignant. 

Everything just happened so quickly and now I am recovering from 28 radiotherapies and I am so tired all the time  I can't sleep and the trauma of the radiotherapy mask haunts me everyday. I feel so alone. I feel like I can't ask my family for help as they always make it sound like I'm asking them for a miracle. I just want to know that there is support out there 

Anonymous