My 'BETTY'

• Yesterday.........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

....got to the RM at 8am and left there at 6pm!!!!!! Had consultation - had CT - had MRI - bloods taken - met loads of people - was told that I have a Grade 3 undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma - was a very tiring day - with lots of information to try and take in - was shattered by the the time we got home at 10pm

My radiotherapy starts 6 November - Monday to Friday for 5 weeks - when I've recovered from that I will…

• In London ........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well here we are - the train journey went well - 1 hour 50 min  - had a cuppa in Waterloo Station - went to the loo - 30pence for the pleasure!!!!! - got bus from outside station - 40min to get to the Royal Marsden - found out where we have to go for the appointment tomorrow - then walked to the place we had booked into for our overnight stay - 40 min walk  - so good not to have to rely on buses - mind you the bus stop…

• Train tickets....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

.....off to town today to get train tickets for Thursday - haven't been on a train for 15 years!!!!!! - I think the prices have gone up!!!!!! and have found out you can't use real money on London Transport!!!!! - soooo many things to sort out - so lucky to have a husband who is a good organiser - he is taking the worries of the practical stuff away from me.

• A bit about me .....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Female - 63 - married - 2012 I had my right kidney removed - luckily the cancer was confined to the kidney so no further treatment was required  just yearly CTs (that tumour was called 'TIMMY'). 

The 'BETTY' I now have is nothing to do with the kidney - which I suppose is good news!!!! -am looking forward to Friday - so that whatever is in front of me can start !!!!!!! obviously all a bit gobsmacking