anal cancer

1 minute read time.

ok so I have fibromyalgia and have been treated for just over a year for ibs and an anal fissure the pain got so bad I couldn't stand it any more and I was referred for a colonoscopy that revealed a polyp I was then sent for and examination at the hospital and told I was being sent for surgery to find out what was going on as they had found a lump in my anus but it was to painful for them to see what it was I was told I would be in on the 2 week turn around I waited over a month and my dr had to chase them up any way I went in they kept me in over night and the next morning I was told it all looks ok they removed the polyp and the lump and they looked fine they said the lump was a hemmoroid hence the pain and they would be sent to the lab and I would hear within 2 weeks but told not to worry that was on the 5/7/2016 on the 19/7/2016 I got a letter with an appointment the next day so I went thinking all was ok but was then told the lump wasn't a hemmoroid it was a tumour and I had anal cancer I was totally shocked and really wasn't expecting it they said I will have surgery an MRI scan a CT Chambers scan and possibly radiotherapy I have all my appointments all in the next few days I'm trying to be ok around family and friends but I don't mind admitting I am worried as I don't know what to expect

Anonymous