2A

1 minute read time.

Hi I am a 45 years old and 2 weeks ago was told I had stage 2A melanoma which was diagnosed by having a small mole removed from my stomach a week before.  I am fair haired and quite often in the sun with not much protection so feel this was a little self inflicted although I found this very difficult to accept and hopefully have caught it in time I still kept saying why me what have I done to deserve this apart from working hard all my life to provide for my wonderful wife and daughters and this was where I struggled and as everyone kept saying you will be fine I think until it's actually you who has any form of cancer in your body it's hard to understand how that person feels. Anyway I had a local wide excision 2 days ago and must say went really well as I feel I was very lucky to have a very experienced expert in this field a Dr Motley who is very highly respected and recommended so for me I pray this is all removed and cant thank all who have helped me enough and I for one will be preaching the importance of sun screen and protection. Sorry if this is a bit long winded. Nick

Anonymous