So scaredbim having nightmares of death

2 minute read time.

I'm highly worried at the moment. I'm 24 and a mum to a 4 year old and a 2 year old.. but I'm looking for any help support and guidance that's possible about there as I'm scared out of my wits... around 3/4 years ago I had a lump develop on my right jaw line I thought it could probably be a abscess or something so I kinda left it for a while thinking it would burst and empty itself and go away but then I got worried as it used to hurt and it was very hard and it was noticeable on the side of my face. At the time my partner accidently smacked me in the side of the face in his sleep and lots of blood and gunk emptied from it but then it was open but the hard lump was still there... I paid for emergency dentist as it was a weekend and she took one look at it and said it needed hospital treatment.. so I went to a&e.. they did no tests and said they don't know what it was.. so I was sat on a bed in a&e and they injected me with anesthetic and used a scalpel to cut down into my gum in my mouth and just puss came from it... and the hard lump was still there. They didn't seal the now open wound in my mouth and sent me home. So I just ignored it for years.. now recently I've noticed this lump has got bigger with alot of speed the past few months it's around 3 inches and I need to use all my fingers to fit around the lump but now it's also gone down my throat almost and it's still rock hard... I've noticed over years I've also developed gum disease wich I assume is from this.. I'm scared to death of dentists... I brush my teeth as often as I can but my teeth ache aswell as my jaw and my cheek and is difficult recently as I seem to have a abscess now aswell just above it inside my mouth at the back so it's extremely painful. It's worrying my so bad I've had horrible night mares where this thing has exploded and killed me in my sleep.. I'm thinking I will need surgery for sure to remove it. But after reading scary procedures I'm scared to death and I'm unsure what else to do  and I fear for myself and my children. As recently I've been getting ill alot and my immunity is really low since this lump as got bigger.. any help or support would be of help. I've read all the symptoms of jaw tumours and I seem to have every symptom going but I'm just so scared of the outcome after living this for 4 years and it hasn't got any better and definitely hasn't gone away

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mandehh

I can tell from the way and word you have written that your terrified

How come you never asked your go at start or even dentist also when they did test at Hosp were you never asked for tests or given any test results

My husband had head an d neck cancer some grow fast some slowly I'm sure this was going threw your mind but after 4years I'm guessing it's not cancer so what are they looking for ???

Rosemary X

• I am sorry you are so worried, it does sound very worrying to have this lump that is getting bigger. Please go to your doctor about it, it is the only way to be sure what it is exactly and to get some treatment. If you are worried the only way to help yourself is to seek medical advice urgently. Ask for an urgent GP appointment.