first post ever

1 minute read time.

I am not sure if anyone will visit this page , and that is ok. IO want to do this for me and my very dear and nearest. To keep me sane or at least I hope it may . I have spent the last three weeks away from work . To date I have been a passionate and loyal worker who has never taken more than four weeks  off i ( due to a broken bone) in 15 years other than minimal maternity leave with four children. I have never felt the need for it regardless of sleepless nights or feeling a bit rubbish BUT I had a lightbulb moment Four weeks ago , I sat there while the consultant gave me horrendous timelines of life for my gorgeous mum. 5-6 months without treatment or 9-12 moths with or at best a couple of years if full chemo responsive ....say again ...what did you just say ??? Those odds ??? I have always thought ohhh you should not do the chemo if you are ill and then only gain little life ...lets face it I am sure we all consider quality of life is way above amount of life , but how can you make that calculation??      if you have not had at least on around of treatment ?? At a glance my mum seems to have responded to cycle number one or at least we have fitted in a trip to Taunton to see her ill brother from the north of the county ,we have been to  to st annes to visit her unwell sister, the garden centre top choose plants, undertake a wonderful  garden project and had   beautiful walks... I suppose that is why people opt for chemotherapy as first line , quick and well known . Me and my sister and brother feel that second line immunotherapy will be a second line at some point but the key message at this time is not to run too fast ahead of the person with the disease but to keep a healthy pace that you are informed at making the journey the least problematic as possible , as it is the journey that counts for all .....stay strong,, stay true and believe in your viewpoint and follow your thought to form xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning unknowing

Sorry to see you joining us here and reading about your mum - That is terrible news for you all to get :(

You don't mention which type of cancer your poor mum is being treated for or name the chemotherapy drug being used, but no doubt there will be a cancer type group for it you could join to get information, support and advice about her chemotherapy treatment if you look using the 'Groups' button at the top of the page.

There are another coupe of groups here you could join - Family and Friends Group for those who has a loved one diagnosed and the Carers Group if you are helping in a caring role - You can join either or both of these. There is also a Supporting Someone With Incurable Cancer but it may be way to early to join that as yet.

When you do join a group kust slect New Discussion and post a brief introduction including any questions you may have.

Hope this is of some help at a tough time and good luck for a positive outcome from her chemotherapy.

Take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have only just stumbled on your response. Thank you for taking time to advice me of sites and your good wishes for me mum. I will have a look at them xx