And so it begins.....

Less than one minute read time.

I have been told today that dad wants to stop working.  I agree he needs to as he is so tired all the time but I know what it means.  It's the start of the end.  

There is no going back.

He will loose his business that he has built and me and my husband will be the only ones bringing in an income.  So stressful is an understatement.  I just don't know what we will do.  I wish so much that he wasn't suffering- but he is.  

Dad isn't the sort of person to stop working.  He would work till he physically can't so it anymore.  Knowing that he is now thinking about it is so hard to accept.  what will he have to keep him going if there is no work? 

I feel like he is going to end up going sooner rather then later and I hate that thought.  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi my husband has decided to give up work at the end of this week, and its not because he's giving in to the big c, its because the treatment takes it toll on there bodies and they just need to rest and recharge there batteries, and can't you help to run his business until he's ready to take the reins again, keep thinking positive as I'm sure its just your dad needs to rest for a little while, take care chels x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

He isn't on any treatment as his cancer is terminal. My and my husband moved in to help out and we work so can't run their business too. Just all becoming very real now