Bad news

1 minute read time.

Hi all 

My story so far I was diagnosed with follicular lymphoma on July 2nd 2015 at the age of 45 it was stage 3s I went threw 8 rounds of rchop my last one on Christmas Eve all went ok no infections etc since then I've been on retuxamab once every 2 months I had a ct scan which my oncologist said I had a good partial remission I've was feeling back to my old self by March and getting back on with my life great then unfortunately I noticed a few small lumps in my lymph nodes went for a biopsy which confirmed it was back then had a ct scan which showed more growth I don't mean to sound doom and gloom but I thought i would be ok for about 3-5 years not months so I've just seen my oncologist and he's going to try and get me threw the summer without any treatment and the I will be going for a stem cell transplant using my own cells I'm shocked its come to this but thankful that they are prepared to do this for me it's been hard on the family I'm married with three girls but it's brought us all closer has ant one had stem cell treatment as I'm not sure what to expect and a bit scarred all the best 

Jim

Anonymous
  • Hello Jim,

So sorry the beast is back. Hope they intend to get you well into remission before the transplant as it works best that way.

Do join the group 'stem cell transplants for blood cancers' where you'll find information and help too.

Hugs xxx