a brief history

1 minute read time.

so I am mr d's ex partner and the mother of our 4year old son. He left me when little man was 3years old saying "it wasn't working for him". I have worked hard on unattaching emotionally as his partner and we are best friends now (with no benefits!) I am 12 years in recovery from addiction so I live each day with a 12 step prog and just try my best in all areas. Since getting his diagnosis of stage 4 colon cancer he has been unable to have little fella at his house so I am having him stay at my house for 3 nights a week so nobody misses out and mr d has someone to look after him. We are after all a little family.

This is good in many ways but hard in others but we will just see how each day goes with it. I worry about the little fella understanding things but he is very adaptable. If daddy gets too sick though with chemo this may have to be re-thought. Again, I am just trying to do my best. I also worry about getting re-attached emotionally but to be fair he is too ill for that to happen in a physical sense but that's not what I mean, I love him as a daddy and I don't want to love him as a partner again just because he has cancer. On top of that I have started a new business and am struggling with time, money and energy that's required to keep all that together. Money is not my main thought although its there.

We are just off for the first session now so will come back to you later. (he has asked me to go with him) we are both full of fears but this is not my illness and I am not trying to own it or run it, I must remember that.

Anonymous