Nuclear Rush 2016

1 minute read time.

On May 14th 2016 , 11 dockers decided to run the Nuclear Rush Race. This is a 6K race over 55 obstacles while wading through mud and lots of it. I organised it but once it was all set up , i thought to myself why not run for charity. We have only been working together 3 years as it is a newly built dock but in that time we have already lost one great colleague to cancer and another great colleague is fighting it now.

I also thought back to when my Father in Law had cancer and how great the Macmillan nurses were with him and also how they helped the rest of the family, both through the emotional difficulty as well as with advise for financial difficulties etc. they become like one of the family. I asked the guys at work about running for charity and when i mentioned Macmillan they were all onboard straight away.

So we got things in motion. We call each other Mukka's at work so we named our team the Muddy Mukka's. We are of different ages, different shapes and sizes and of different levels of fitness. Well I'm pleased to say that although the race was gruelling, we all got through it, we all finished and we all had a laugh doing it. We were all battered and bruised when we finished but it was worth it as we had raised £1655 for charity.

Im very proud of the guys for running that day and very proud to have ran for Macmillan for our first charity outing.

Kind regards John and the Muddy Mukka's

Anonymous