Pancreatic cancer

1 minute read time.

Hi guys I have had a big shock this week finding out out that have inoperable pancreatic cancer I now have the difficult decision to tell my two daughters that my outcome is not good I am unsure how to time this at the moment we are pretending this is not happening this can be difficult especially when i am feeling unwell I have a lot of bloating and I look about three months pregnant even though I have lost two stone in weight. I have been prescribed a pancreatic enzyme to my weight which should stablIse I am struggling with knowing that I only have months to live how do people have these discussions I also have an adorable grandson who is nearly 9yrs he is very bostrious so how do I explain that we can no longer have rough and tumble games which have been enjoyed? Going for an ultrasound endoscopy today today not looking forward to this I struggled two weeks ago when I have a endoscopy I am told it is necessary to enable them to take biopsys. This is now my 5th primary cancer ? Is this unusual have I been really unlucky ? Thanks for the support.

Anonymous
  • I am in shock again I have yet another cancer another sarcoma on the same leg as my first cancer started I am scared I may loose my leg because there is not much muscle left to get a clear margin now I’m older I just don’t don’t think I can cope with any further surgery   This is my 6th cancer I feel as though I am still recovering from the pancreatic cancer Dee 12 

• Hello Dee12  please know that I'm not any expert on any cancer my husband also was diagnosed with this terrible cancer our grandson was my husband's world  they both just loved each others company every weekend for 11years how I'm I going to tell Cameron even to be told my husband had up to six months to live he worried more about telling our grandson my husband turned to micmillian nurse for advise on how to explain to a child that's what he done I  will keep you in my thoughts ..just a thought Dee why go through anymore tests endoscopy or biopsy when you are trying to except  every thing else...xo

• I'm so sorry I didn't realise the date on this post..please except my apologies..xx